Check out the latest and greatest from Copper Square Kitchen showcasing past events, new trends and event ideas. Enjoy the blog and please comment away.

3/04/2013

Guest Blogger!


Before I paint a picture of what a wonderful event it was, I want to first give an introduction to myself. My name is Katelyn Poulson and I am the Corporate Event and Group Sales Coordinator at the Desert Botanical Garden. I began my time at the Garden in September of 2010 when I was doing an internship as part of my final semester at Arizona State University. My internship at the Garden was absolutely fabulous and gave me experience in every aspect of the event industry. I enjoyed my time so much that when a position opened up, I applied as quickly as possible and in May of 2011, was granted the position I currently hold. The Garden is truly a magical place to work and sharing relationships with vendors like Copper Square Kitchen is why we love to do what we do!

The Disney Destinations event was part of a AAA Conference that was in town. The event was set on a clear October evening with not only perfect weather but a beautiful full moon! The group entered the Garden with paths lined by hand-lit luminarias and received a drink upon arrival to begin their evening. After receiving their drink, guests were met on our Boppart Courtyard for a reception featuring hand passed hors d’oeuvres from Copper Square Kitchen, and the best part of all, the opportunity to have a meet and greet with the infamous Mickey and Minnie.

After everyone had the chance to meet the guests of honor, everyone proceeded into our Dorrance Hall where they were treated to a beautiful plated dinner provided by Copper Square Kitchen. With a string quintet playing in the background, guests were able to enjoy their dinner and the ambiance set by the music, linens, centerpieces and dinner they were being served. After completing dinner and a scrumptious dessert, guests were given the pleasure to enjoy a concert under the stars at our Ullman Terrace given by Susan Egen, the original “Belle” on Broadway as well as the voice of “Meg” in Hercules.

The evening was an absolute delight and I know that every guest who attended was wowed by not only the Desert Botanical Garden but the wonderful and creative culinary adventures of Copper Square Kitchen. Like Walt Disney said, “Whatever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.” I hope guests were as impressed with the evening as we were and that whenever they are in the Phoenix area next, they will want to come back and visit the Garden!



No comments:

Post a Comment