Check out the latest and greatest from Copper Square Kitchen showcasing past events, new trends and event ideas. Enjoy the blog and please comment away.

8/02/2012

Meet Brent!

This week we will get to know the ONE and ONLY Mr. Brent Grimes!  He is the Sr. Convention Service Manager for our office and handles mostly large groups.  Make sure to read his "Last Meal!"


Alumni of: Missouri University- GO TIGERS-GO MIZZOU!

"My Wedding Caption" –“Everyday is such a perfect day to spend. Alone with you.”
(Genesis-Follow you/Follow Me: 1978 from the “And then there were Three” Album

My favorite four legged friend: Dog-Molly…my parents dog

My #1 piece of advice for planning an event Be Thorough. Go the extra step and be detailed.

Personal Horror Story? I was in an terrible automobile accident in July, 1988. I nearly killed myself. The rehab and road to recovery was interesting to say the least. 3 months in a wheelchair and several casts.
Note: 1984 RX7 does not go well against a ’73 Impala.

Mi Family is: Close. Julie my wife and two boys, Bryce and Justin. We live for each other. Family is number one ALWAYS.

What you love about your job? Interaction with clients and the hotel. Putting all of the details in place and making it happen.

Bad Habit: I have no bad habits. I have vices.

Pet Peeve: “Beating Around the Bush”. Please be direct and sincere. I can’t stand holding a conversation with someone and the person suddenly looks at their phone and checks email or some other item. Hint: This is ANNOYING.

Strangest food I have ever eaten: Rattlesnake

The furtherest I have gone from AZ is: Aruba

Don't tempt me with: Bribes

Cooking, baking or eating out? Cooking

Allergic to? N/A


If you called in “rich” to work what would you do instead?  Honestly, I would consider remaining at work for some time. You have to do something to remain active. I might go down to a part time position, take a more active role with our son’s Football League…hard to tell.

My favorite place on earth is Arizona

Hobbies: Cooking, Youth Football Coaching, Shooting Sports, Yard Work

My Last Supper would be

BEER COURSE:
You have to have a few while you’re prepping dinner. Bud Select, SUPER cold! AHHHHH!

STARTER:
Grilled Jumbo Prawns with Sea Scallops
Jicama Slaw with Lemon
Pinot Grigio

SALAD:
Caesar Salad
Made from Scratch
Sonoma Cutrer Russian River Ranch Chardonnay

ENTRÉE:
Grilled Porterhouse-18-20 OZ
Medium
Sauteed Mushrooms with Shallots, Garlic and Port
Grilled Asparagus with Aged Balsamic
Jumbo Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Cream
Any Bordeaux will do to match up

DESSERT:
Bleu Cheese and Crackers
Honduran Cigar / Madero Wrapper / Robusto
1985 Fonseca Vintage Port

We’ll all be in the pool after the above bev courses, so DIVE IN, BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment